Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Note About My Labels

Hey Y'all,

I just want to make it clear that I take tagging my recipes (dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, etc.) very seriously. If I've catalogued a recipe in a way that you feel is incorrect, please let me know. I've had my share of experiences with misleading titles (finding out that the "Vegetarian" dishes I'd been eating at certain restaurants were made with chicken broth and whatnot) and it's important to me that this website is a trustworthy tool from the get-go.

I try to feature recipes that can easily be altered to fit your needs. This is not always evident in my photographs; for example, I sprinkled my Veggie Stacks with Quinoa Cakes with mozzarella but tagged the recipe as Vegan and Dairy-Free because I made a notation in the recipe that either cheese or soy cheese can be used as a topping. If the substitutions are any more complicated than that, I don't place them in a category that would involve changing multiple ingredients to avoid confusing you. If you find a recipe to be misleading (or just plain wrong!) please let me know by commenting on the recipe or by e-mailing me at healthygirlcooking@gmail.com.

Also, if you have a dietary restriction you'd like to see represented on this website, please let me know! I'm always up for trying new things, and I love to experiment in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment